Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Talk about Technology


I just read an article that was posted on October 1, about a lamp, that runs on human blood. I don't know what this world is coming to. It turns out the chemical in the lamp is luminol-which is the same chemical used to detect blood at crime scenes. Apparently the luminol reacts with red blood cells to make a neon or bright blue glow. To light the lamp, you actually have to cut yourself and put in a drop of your own blood to make it glow. According to the inventor, the lamp was created to make people rethink how they use energy. In my opinion, if you're that desperate to conserve energy and help save the world, light a candle. The world doesn't need everyone cuttin' themselves just to make light.

1 comment:

  1. Certainly a lamp which generates light via blood and luminal wouldn't light up a room. It seems to me that this lamp may have been created simply to make the point that energy is costly. I'm with you though, I'd rather light a candle.

    ReplyDelete